Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pumping

Tips I received from lot of people:

1. Stop stressing.
2. Loads of skin to skin. Strip down to your bra and keep your bub in her diaper and hug her. Kiss her. Let her just lay on your chest. Multiple times a day when she is happy and active.
3. Try to keep latching. When she is well fed and active. And please go meet an LC immediately.
4. Drink 4 liters of water daily. And I mean actually 4 liters. Don't guess. Measure.
5. Pump on schedule. Not random times in the day.

* First switching to paced feeding and using slowest nipple teat, so mimic the milk flow as of breastmilk flow .

* lot of skin to skin . ( it works like a magic )

* Always trying to catch early hunger cues, because too hungry baby would not want to work on latch ( too hungry baby doesn’t want to work to get its food )

*Trying different nursing positions, my son wouldn’t latch in cradle position but would latch in football hold or laid back position , when not too hungry .

*Dreamfeeding.

* When I miss catching early hunger cues , I would sprinkle little expressed or formula milk on my nipple and try to latch baby ( of course he would cry his lungs out , but I would still try ). When this didn’t work , I would give him 30 ml of expressed or formula milk so he calms down a bit and try again .

* massaging breast and drinking some water just before feeding did help with milk flow .

*when my son latched and would unlatch soon due to slow letdown , I would try breast compression method so he keeps the latch on .

* most of the time I was too stressed , it was affecting my letdown ( my son was used to fastletdown at bottle , hence lazy to suck at breast ) , I started some relaxation exercises to calm myself down .


She can put garlic in milk boil and drink 2 glasses daily

Pumping output isn't an indicator of supply. Babies are more efficient in extracting milk than pump, even best pump can extract only 70% milk.

Weaning formula is very much possible. It will need lot of patience and determination. Looks like baby has bottle preference as milk drips from the bottle and baby is used to fast and easy flow of milk from bottle. At breast baby needs to put an efforts. Lot of skin to skin will help. She can try dream feeding. Switching to slowest flow nipple, milk. Shouldn't drip from the bottle if turn upside down and following paced feeding method.

Galact won't work unless breast are emptied at regular intervals. Plesee ask her to check if the flange size is correct, check #bsimflange

#bsimweaningoffformula #bsimweaningformula will be a good read

Try Zandu Shatavari powder supplement..it is increasing my milk supply like a miracle

Tell her to eat drumsticks, galact granule, lactare & drink lots of fluids jeera water,  milk etc.

 I found breast compressions helped increase amount of expressed bm. Also, short term use of domperidone tablets helped increase milk supply to some extent by releasing prolactin. Its available over the counter in India by the name domstal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!!

Victoria Canada Trip

 Victoria city to do and must have  1. Parliament building  2. Waterfront  3. Mini sea-bus at waterfront  4. Fisherman wharf   5. Museum (op...